Basic Coding with Astrophysics
Beginners (Ages 10+)
Certificate of Participation
Your Trainers for this course
This course is led by qualified ICT Professionals employed by the Institute’s ICT Unit. Beyond training, the team at the ICT Unit have deployed a number of solutions in different areas including Data Science, Gaming, Web Development and Mobile App Development
About This Programme
Learn more about the Innovation Nation Programme
- What is coding?
- Basic Concepts of Coding
- What is astronomy
- Our Earth, the solar system she exists in and the Universe are vast. So vast, that it is often difficult for the human mind to conceptualize.
- Why is coding important in astronomy
- Introduction to speed, distance time and gravitational force.
- Gravity on Earth vs Gravity in Space
- Introduction to block programming on the Scratch platform
- Overview of the Scratch Platform
Be interested in learning and have the following
- a Google Email/Gmail Account (with Parental Privileges).
- a steady Internet connection to watch our videos.
- Optionally – A Mobile Phone to Install your newly developed apps too.
Free (All Costs for this course have been covered by our sponsors)
Learn more about the Innovation Nation Programme and it’s benefits to students
Learn more about CARIRI and our approach to teaching Computer Science